• US hunter, Melissa Bachman, sparks outrage after killing a lion in SA [pic]
    Posted by on Nov 15th, 2013

Ok so i was wondering what all the drama was about people petitioning to ban US Republican Congresswoman Michele Bachman from South Africa, but it turns out i had her confused with an American hunter, Melissa Bachman who has sparked outrage from South Africans after she posted pics on Facebook of herself smiling behind a dead male lion she killed on Nov 1.

Bachman has a hunting show on US television called Deadly Passion. Her recent hunting trip to South Africa has been met with outrage and resulted in petitions to stop her hunting and getting a visa to come back to SA.

lion kill

From the 2000 plus comments it’s blatantly clear that South Africans are not happy with that picture..to put it mildly.

Here are some of the recent ones.

South Africans clearly not impressed.

She posted a few other pics of kills in SA on her Facebok page HERE and they recieved the same treatment. Her twitter account also got some serious heat, but she has since made it private.

Be sure to let her know how you feel hey.

Natasha says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Everyone should report her page – even if you just use the reason “I don’t like it”, it will still send a message.

x

Kashmiri says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Yes, agree, we should definitely be sending her a message that we are not in favour of this…

LOL, she blocked a bunch of people on Twitter, I think DJ Fresh included, who voiced their disgust at what she had done. . .

Teresa says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

I cannot believe this dumb cu* t did it again!!!!!!!!!!! I totally opposed this bitch’s kill last year & will continue to oppose her kill for fun wish u could get in to my target range u’d go down slime ball MFR

Mary Anne says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

I posted an intelligent, well thought-out, comment on her page Friday morning, and provided a quotation from Born Free USA, together with the link, about the loss of African lions recently and their endangered status. She promptly blocked me. I was no more a threat to her than a mouse to a lion (oops, wrong pun); simply an armchair-amateur lion-rights enthusiast, and the narcissistic, malevolent bitch blocked me.

Wow. I’m impressed. Disagree with her and this woman really WILL show you who’s boss. Just like she did that lion.

I got the last laugh, however. I posted a copy of it on my own FB page, together with 3 photos of her so proudly posing with that dead lion (photos I was able to copy and paste before she blocked me). We are using this example in a class I am in. A classroom of people are going to systematically dissect what this power-mad animal demagogue did. People are signing petitions and sharing her photos left and right and there’s not a thing she can do about THAT.

Take that, Melissa. You may think you won some kind of battle, but you have lost the war, dear. Lion – 1, Melissa Bachman – 0.

Jeff says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Looked like a good shot to me.

DisgustedWithMelissaBachman says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

It takes a particular kind of person to “Hunt 4 Sport” and Savagely, Arrogantly, and Proudly go in and stalk and Slaughter Beautiful Wild Animals–that today so many people are trying so hard to preserve. This woman needs to be banned period! Disgusting 2 cent pirate hooker someone said–have to agree. She trying so hard to look like something she saw in a movie once, and comes off as the lowest scum of the earth! That lion kill is the worst! Killing just for the sport and bragging rights. What bragging! Lowlife scum.

November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Why would any decent human being want to kill such a beautiful animal for their own pride and fun? Amounts to nothing more than cowardice. Karma will prevail on her, her family and anyone who supports her.

Julie says:
    Linda says:

Signed!

Julie says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Oh and these are the people that all the anger should probably be targeted to – the local South Africans who are offering this service http://www.maroiconservancy.co.za/price-list.php

Kashmiri says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

You are right, we shouldn’t be allowing this in South Africa in the first place. . .

jane colpus says:

what a hunt ?? -a misspelling I think :(

Maree Collier says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Disgusting places like Maroiconservancy wouldn’t thrive or exist if people like Melissa Bachman with their over inflated egos didn’t create a demand in the first place. Its time our Government put a stop to canned and trophy hunting. For them its not about conservation but $$$ Our wildlife shouldn’t have to “earn” their keep. Melissa Bachman and all others like you stay out of our country and decimate your own wildlife. You obviously love yourself we dont.

Charmaine says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Seriously what pleasure can you get out of killing such a beautiful creature. Really think u are sick! Not like u can eat the meat or anything useful can come out of this senseless killing besides a trophy! Hope u never return to our beautiful country.

Adie lourens says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Melissa is a sickening excuse for a human being ! We are trying so hard in this country to stop the indiscriminate poaching and utter slaughter of our wildlife, and in marches this idiot and shoots a defenceless lion ! In MY COUNTRY ! Get lost, leave our beautiful animals alone, you are not wanted here……never darken our doorstep again…pathetic creature !!!!!

gavin says:

dear Melissa,
    It is such a shame that a lion did not eat you for breakfast.
    I really hope that you get eaten by a wild animal one day.
    hope you dont visit south africa again.

Sandra Faucher says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

“Past his prime”…..what has that got to do with anything. This lion was killed for entertainment and shows a total disrespect for life.

Zara says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Its not HER we should be spewing all this rage out at (although one is REALLY tempted !) but the actual farmer and all the people who are actually allowing this shit to happen in our country and getting paid for it!

Brandon says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Absolutely. trophy hunting and canned lion hunting are big money spinners for some in SA. These people also need to wake up and see that there are better ways to work with nature for a living.

Our natural environment is deteriorating at one of fastest rates in the world.

Pieter Loftus says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

I cannot think of s decent response. This person is probably the worst kind of representative the US can allow to visit a country who already are weary of what comes from that country. I am so angry that I cannot put it to words in this language. There is tears in my eyes. Come to my country next time and shoot at me. I know you are a destructive evil person, but rather try to take it out on me than one of our beautiful animals. But be sure if you are not up to challenge me I will still make sure that you never violate the beauty of our country ever again. You disgust me! I spit in your face!

Izak says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Although I’m not for hunting any Predators, hunting in South Africa is an INDUSTRY and we should be thankful that this person is willing to spend her money here and promote our country. Everybody in Cape Town can relax, there are plenty of lions out there and the Hunting INDUSTRY will keep it that way while people like Melissa are willing to pay top dollar to hunt them.

Izii says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Your a devils reject…not a lady or a woman a thing the name is matter waste matter…don’t worry you will die one day but your death won’t cause sympathy I hope some comes to your funeral…

Robert Howington says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

I’m an American and I want to apologize to all South Africans for what this p.o.s. American cunt whore did. These gun nut Americans are insane, so insane I actually have to keep a handgun in my car just for my own personal protection! Why? I love in TEXAS, that’s why. I hate to have to do that but what fucking choice do I have? These right wing gun nut wackos will shoot anything, from Trayvon Martin to this beautiful lion. If this bitch tries to enter your country again please, please shoot her ass or, better yet, feed her to a lion.

Lisa says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Disgraceful and after looking at her facebook page it wasn’t just one animal she killed while in South Africa although in my mind mind one is too many, she has photos of a range of animals she has killed. I don’t have the words to say how angry this makes me. I would love to visit South Africa to WATCH the animals in their natural habitat, to ADMIRE the animals and take lots of photographs of the animals to remember the visit, I will never understand anyone who thinks it’s fun to kill, she should be locked up and the key thrown away.

November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Hunting an endangered species that is fenced in and cannot escape isn’t hunting you stupid idiot! I am sickened beyonds words! You are a terrible excuse for a human being!

November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

You’re a poor excuse for a human being!

Kim D says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Too disgusting! What are you missing in your life ( mental, emotional, spiritual) that you need to find fulfillement in killing?
    I wish upon you the violent loss of a loved one, so that in the dark of the night you reflect and understand exactly what it is you bring about to another ( animal or not!) with your actions

and that this realisation haunts you for the rest of your pitiful life

Debbie-lee says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

I am ashamed to be called human – and lumped in with someone who murders gods beautiful animals for nothing else but ego and entertainment. This is the Behavior of a psychopath. What is wrong with you ?!

Robert Barrington says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Melissa kills this and other animals because it makes her feel good? While I haven’t any desire to do the same to her, how would her family feel if someone did the same to her “just because” it felt good to do so and created a sense of accomplishment? I don’t really get it.

Robert Barrington says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Melissa kills this and other animals because it makes her feel good? How would her family feel if someone did the same to her “just because” it felt good to do so and created a sense of accomplishment? I don’t really get it.

kerry weeks says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Melissa what a disgusting thing to do. You must be a very sad person! If you think you are such a great hunter why didn’t you try doing it with your bare hands.

Karo says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Bitch!!!! -.- I wish I could take her rifle and shoot right into her face with it, I wanna see her lying on the floor suffering and dying very agonizing

grace says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

One woman killing a lion is upsetting and gets a lot of attention. How many South Africans (or Africans) are aware of how many “American guns” there are in Africa these days. The US troops are invading our shores “training” African forces for future “humanitarian” opperations. Since when has American invasion benefited any country. Africa is an untapped treasure of natural resources. When will Africans benifit from the development of their own land. Do we need the “gringos” and their guns. http://www.africom.mil/what-we-do/exercises/southern-accord

Lauren says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

but why are South Africans outraged by this but not all the other trophy hunts that take place on a daily basis???

Ann Castro-Baker says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

This TRULY disgusts me. I don’t blame SA for not wanting her in their country. Shoot I really do not want here in OUR country!! Elephants and Lions are my favorite animals, I sign so many petitions to save them. Funny how four days later the link to her face book does not load. It might be better that it does not because I know A LOT of folks who would post negative posts that would NOT be pleasant. Did she really think it was okay to shoot a lion? I can’t even comprehend why she would? I am left speechless, perhaps send her back here to America, strip her from her weapons and her dumb show, TP her home and through rotten eggs, left over food, rotten apples, and mushy tomatoes!!

Samuel says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Sport hunting SHOULD be abolished. According to Dereck Joubert of NatGeo only one in eight male cubs reach their maturity. Sport hunting only serves to make the situation worse as we are still facing the poaching menace.

Brett says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

The hunting of lions does not contribute to their conservation like many hunters believe

Ernest Kahn says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Melissa fuck off and don’t come to SA again. We don’t welcome cowards here.

November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

The world needs to be rid of you and your ilk. I think it has all been said by everyone already. You are not welcome in our beautiful country!

Beulah Harris says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Melissa, how can you boast about killing beautiful animals? Your sick smile as you gloat over your ‘trophy’ is disgusting! You are as evil as evil gets…and the same goes for the game farmers who allow this…sick bunch of savages!

Melisa says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

The big game hunters LOVE Africa because your own country allows these type of hunts. Banning one person isn’t going to stop it, only your government can. So why waste your precious signatures on her and ask people to sign something to send to your government to help you protect your beloved wildlife! I love to hunt and I understand if she was allowed to take a lion why she would proudly show it as not many people can live the dream of doing so. Course if I can’t eat it, I’d much rather photograph it! How amazing is a photo of such a majestic creature up close and you both walked away from it! :)

Celso says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Cheap wh*re. She deserves to have the same destiny.

Tanya says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

I am just really depressed that someone can be a commercial success for slaughtering animals. Hunting should be for food you evil person! Should have become a prostitute then, ateast you’d be providing a service that’s useful

Bibi says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Don’t forget the sods who allow this in our country! They claim it in the name of conservation! That the locals eat the meat of all their kills! You telling me the locals ate that lion!? That it’s not going to hang off that bitches wall or the wall of one of her sponsors! She was in Alaska a little while ago and killed a beautiful bear! These are endangered animals! This woman kills almost everyday for sport or fun! What a pathetic human! I wish her nothing more for her than the same treatment from one of these wild animals like she has influcted on them! Karma! Big cats are so beautiful and that lion deserved to live. Stay out of SA you horrible pathetic human! Leave the rest of Africa alone as well and in your own country stop killing endangered species! Perhaps when all are dead you can wat your money!!!

Bob Murray says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Give a yank a gun and they’ll kill anything to pander to their sick
    egos. How long before her blood lust turns to shooting up a kindergarten?
    Sick pathetic excuse for a human being. Vile!

Karin says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

What a sad life you must lead! One day when your grand children ask what a lion
    Is, you can show them your photo of how you contributed to the extinction of lions! Now wouldn’t
    That be a proud moment (not)

HuntMelissa says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Put her on the next Hunger’s Game !!!

M says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

Melissa Basman will not see the light of day again until she repent! If she dosnt do so then I can’t help her.

Kk says:
    November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

“Beautiful male lion”, so this dumb bitch decides to kill him. Some humans…I don’t even want to begin.

November 11, 2013 at 10:16 am

She’s clearly one demented idiotic barbarian … what exactly did the lion do to her ?

She should be banned from ever entering South Africa and she should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.