• Tomorrowland music festival in South Africa set for February 2015?
    Posted by on Sep 16th, 2013

Ok so i’m just gonna throw this bit of spice out there, but it hasn’t been verified. Apparently the guy responsible for bringing the Ministry of Sound brand to South Africa has joined up with one of the countries biggest event companies and has bought the rights to stage Tomorrowland in Cape Town in February 2015. Apparently the whole event will cost over R100 million and “landscaping at the venue on Fairview (outside Paarl) has already started at a cost of R10 million”.

If you didn’t know..Tomorrowland is a Belgian electronic dance festival and the 2013 one was attended by 180 000 people watching the likes of Armin van Buuren, Tiësto, Avicii, Steve Aoki, David Guetta, Nicky Romero, Paul van Dyk etc perform.

This is what Tomorrowland looks like…

tomorrowland SA

And how you ask did i get this infomation…well this was posted on Marklives.com today.

“VWV Massive has just bought the rights to stage Tomorrowland in South Africa, and it’s set to hit our shores in February 2015. “It’s going to be the biggest thing to hit South Africa since the [2010 FIFA] World Cup,” Cornwall promises, with 12 000 inbound tourists expected to head to Cape Town for the event.” [more HERE]

Do as you will with that.

You May Also Like:

tahliah chetty says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I Think Its Going To Be FreakinG AweSome!!!!

Jelly Bean says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!!!

Missy says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

This is going to be epic! I can’t wait…

shaun says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Its really goner be absolutely mad of the map

Capri says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Having attended tomorrowland last year, I certainly hope this does NOT come to SA.
    The beauty of tomorrowland is the location and the euro crazy party culture, like so many people have tried to replicate Ibiza parties, it just ain’t ever gonna be Ibiza. Even tomorowworld in the states won’t amount to the awesomeness of the original tomorrowland. Just my opinion ofcourse, use it, don’t use it.

Chen_Dogg says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Couldnt agree more! Why not just create a better original South African production… We have mountains in the cape, so underused! At this scale at least…

Bonnie says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Its better than nothing, you pretentious partyer. Some people can’t just travel overseas to go to a party… its good that it’s coming to SA!

phil says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

go fck yourself,all of us need too see it,and all of us dnt have the money 2 go 2 belgium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

You have no idea what you are talking about. South Africa is one of the most beautiful places in the WORLD, it has been voted one of the most scenic places to visit in the world.

I would suggest doing some homework first befor giving comments like that.

Lize says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

It’s not going to be the same. Without the same kind of artists its just going to be another festival. People travel from all over the world to see top international djs and experience the biggest party. It will be nothing like the original tommorowland so they might aswell call it something else. Id rather start saving now for tommorowland belgium 2015, then get my hopes up about this bs.

Pick ME says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

WHHATT! IM THERE IM THERE IM THERE!!

Matt says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

It is TomorrowWorld not TomorrowLand. TomorrowLand will always and only be in Belgium where it has always been. TomorrowWorld is the international concept by the same company, it travels to a different country each year with South Africa being the country in 2015.

Tickets are going to be +-R1500. Going to be epic! :D

Tash says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Ay that is so much cheaper than tomorrowland my weekend ticket 4 tomorrowland was 10 000* so I thnk this is worth it nd u dnt have to fly there!!! Let’s do this*:D

Phehello says:

10K everything covered?

Dean says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Waaaaaa , there is only one tomorrowland and its the one in Belgium one, wouldnt even waste my money on this………

Corne says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I have been waiting for this one, can’t wait! ;-)

Owen says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

When do the tickets go on sale?

September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Yay julle poes van belgium…gee ve ons oek tyd om Tomorrowland te experience…julle os naaiers kom ek se jou wat Tomorrowland se Djs is meeste al van Holland soe gan vat n kak julle naaiers ge ve Suid Afrika n kans etters…

Capin says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

So all that money for a beat with no rythym. What a waste of money.
    All the music now days suck. Booooorrrriiinng!
    *YAWN*
    This is why people are broke. They waste their money on rubbish and then live off credit.

Tash says:

Its the same Dj’s !!!* just go read

Lusanda says:

Can’t believe this…

Creator says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Have people not learnt???? This comment applies if this is going to be hosted by Mark Abrahams of the former Soundscape productions. This Mark guy failed hard at the last two big events (Paul Van Dyk & Ministry of Sound), which were a massive disappointment to thousands. I guess that’s what happens though when your main past experience with event hosting is Matric Dance after parties. Google the shit he caused. This will be a party of two stepping, mullets and fights. But Mark doesn’t give a fuck. He wants the moola is all.

Creator says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Have people not learnt???? This comment applies if this is going to be hosted by Mark Abrahams of the former Soundscape productions. This Mark guy failed hard at the last two big events (Paul Van Dyk & Ministry of Sound), which were a massive disappointment to thousands. I guess that’s what happens though when your main past experience with event hosting is Matric Dance after parties. Google the shit he caused. This will be a party of two stepping, mullets and fights. But Mark doesn’t give a fck. He wants the moola is all.

D Thomas says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

If only this was available for a non-prepackaged, non-dj driven genre of music I would go. The creative wasteland that is modern electronic music just doesn’t appeal to me.

Marcel says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

This defeats the point of Tomorrowland… They going to play music different to Belgium as Hardstyle is not big in South Africa.. The main part of Tomorrowland in Belgium is the music style and people… I can see another flop coming the same as sensation… I’d rather go to Belgium..

September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Ummm sensation was acutally amazing if you don’t like music you should have not gone you are thoses type of people that think you know everything….but you actually don’t so do me a favour and shut up ! :) K thanks

enslin07 says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I think this is just a roomer…why held it in the number one crime rating country and that Europe’s(Belgium) economy and money is way more then ours so they wil have to pay almost double for every thing….

Its like having h20 in zimbabwe

sumarie and nicole says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

jou tire !!! jys vlou verby kom oor ju self ASB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tash says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

They’re money is sooo stronger than ours!!! So they will come here cauz everythng they pay is half for thm!!!!* halooooo!!!!* everythng doubles 4 us whn we go ther!!!*

Daniel says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Tomorrowland coming to South Africa would be awesome!! We succeeded in hosting the 2010 Fifa world cup against all expectations,, so give us a chance! We wil show you who the real “kuierlyers” are

Vicky says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

When will tickets be available!!!!!!!!

Kerri says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Haha, wow could you guys saying ‘Id rather go to Belgium’ be more pretentious if you tried.

Elsare says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

This year Sensation Party in Johannesburg and now Tomorrowland 2015 Cape Town….. ITS ABOUT TIME! All you pretencious people can stay home…..Cape Town has more than enough party people who can’t wait for some serious party-ing!!!

sumarie and nicole says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

what is up !!!!!!! we are sooooooo going to tomorrowland cant waittt !!!its going 2 be epic *whoop whoop * biggets fans EVA ! see all u bitches there !!! yeah buddy (-: luv ya Xx

katherine says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Soooo opgewonde kanii meer wag niie!!:D wanneer sal diie kaartjies te koop wees??

Zan says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Oms!!! I cant belive it im turing 18when tomorrowland is in south africa oo my wordd cant wait my heart is pumping like carzze cant wait lol :)

monique says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Going to be AWESoME!!! Cant wait!

Kelvin says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

To all them haters hating on Tomorrowland and Cape Town and whatever, go to Belgium and let us go to tomorrowland2015SA and leave us alone, thank you.. i just wish some people would just shut the F**k up.. please…

danny says:

hey
    I can not wait for tomorrowland to come to SA

Shana says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Just when I thought id have to start saving for next years one…. this pops up!! Cannot wait!! BRING IT ON

monkey says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

are id’s going to be asked ?? dont want to take it with & lose it ??

Andrew Blohm says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I will be trying to buy 4 tickets to this event. Could someone tell me how to go about purchasing them.

Booda says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Really cant wait… someone please tell me this is real.

BRENT says:

WHAT DATE… I AM THERE

Chene says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

My 21st at TOMORROW LAND is going to be the best birthday party in my life.

chad says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

im coming all the way from Dubai to attended this event.
    cant wait for it South Africa rocks can wait to get back home

Stevo says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I think SA is gonna rock out one great experience, we have surprised many by hosting the 2010 soccer world cup and it was flawless!! I think many people underestimate the power of this great country!

SA mountaineer says:

Hi Guys
    I was stoked to hear about the event being hosted here but i havent seen any developments at Fairview yet. If everyone only knew about the little treasures we currently have. I am now referring to a party season from spring to fall. I have seen really awesome parties and have joined many of them. Tomorrowland is a permanent fixture in Belgium as far as i can tell. TommorrowWorld travels from country to country. I tell you guys what. Save up R1500 and go to a party like One World or Rezonance. 4 day, 3 night party and the music NEVER stops. International acts and some local guys all play to endorse happiness. Same as Tomorrowland. Im not saying dont go to Tomorrowland but i am saying spend way less and go to a local event that has international Djs. Orign, Zone, Rezonance, Sprung, Jungala and way more hosted every year with good intent. Tell you guys lets say you go to one then sit back and think of how tomorrowland will make you feel. Then think about the rest of your life. If its really that big a party then wont every other party not be able to compare?

Lee says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I think it should come to SA as it’s the best festival ever. When are they releasing the tickets
    BIG UP`s to some crazy SH!T Leeeee!!!!

tashriq williams says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

How old do u have 2 b coz I got a couple of 17 year old that wana go with and is it in feb or sept in confused here

georgia says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

how old do you have to be and how much are the tickets for the 2015 event?

September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

“i dont wanna say anything’ thats what my baby said after watching the festival and getting the news that its coming to S.A,just cant wait he

Shalonda Briggs says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

How would a d go aboutj getting included in the line up?

Shalonda Briggs says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Please send your response to my emailaddress, thanks in advance.

Shireen says:
    September 09, 2013 at 9:00 pm

It’s going to be sick I hope I will have the chance to go