• Amateur footage of cyclist being harrassed by diplomatic body guards [video]
    Posted by on May 13th, 2013

The cycling community in SA are outraged at cell phone footage captured over the weekend of a cyclist being harrassed by body guards from a diplomatic vehicle. The amateur footage shows a cyclist on Roper street being knocked to the ground by occupants of one of those blue light brigade vehicles.

Not only are cyclist outraged, but pretty much everyone in SA who is sick and tired of those blue light brigades and their above-the-law attitude.

That’s shocking…why are people still making videos holding the phone in that positition.

That aside…the actions of the guards has outraged the cycling community with dozens calling for action and indentification of the diplomat.

If you can identify the guy standing in the white shirt then leave a comment hey.

UPDATE: this from IOL.

“A group of 16-year-old schoolboys filmed an incident in which a cyclist was allegedly assaulted despite being threatened by the occupants of a diplomatic vehicle.

Last week, Hein van der Merwe was cycling near Pretoria University when, according to him, a black Mercedes-Benz nearly hit him.

An angry Van der Merwe followed the car, and in a bid to get the driver’s attention, he hit the vehicle’s side mirror.” [iol]

And also this from the kid who filmed it.

“One of the occupants of the diplomatic vehicle noticed the teenager recording the incident.

“He said ‘give me the phone’. I refused and he told me that what I was doing was illegal. I said I had every right to be there and to record what had happened,” the teen said.

He said he ran into his school and the man followed him. A group of his friends stood behind the teenager and was confronted by the man, who told him he was going to arrest him.” [iol]

Ray says:
    May 05, 2013 at 10:32 am

What an absolute shocker!!!

Funny says:
    May 05, 2013 at 10:32 am

You even writing your headlines like 2 Oceans Vibe now. “[video]“

May 05, 2013 at 10:32 am

Que?! The “[video]” part of the headline? Damn been doing that for years. Just look back at anypost that has pics or videos

Christie warren says:
    May 05, 2013 at 10:32 am

Man I can’t wait to hear what the out come is. These F@&£?&¥$>} things drive me crazy

delon says:
    May 05, 2013 at 10:32 am

I’m sorry but as much as I hate these guys and their bloody blue lights. I have often encountered joggers and cyclists who are not courteous on the road as far as their position goes ie how far away from the curb they are and their willingness to stop when a car deserves right of way. WHEN the car deserves before anyone says I am suggesting cars have more right on the road. So I would like to know, what this cyclist may have possibly done? The point is no one just harasses or attacks someone for ABSOLUTELY no reason, whether that reason be justified or not. It MUST exist. Anyway there is no reason for those bastards to behave like that and with these guys you never know, there may have been no reason, and if there was it probably was the wrong one but still you only see so much footage. I think judgement can only be passed fairly when the whole story is known.