The much anticipated BlackBerry Z10 has hit SA stores with the device being available at Vodacom World in Midrand from today and in other Vodacom stores tomorrow (22 Feb 2013). MTN also announced that the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone will be available in stores tomorrow.
As for pricing – i said before that Incredible Connection has the device on their website for R6999 HERE while CaCell has dropped their price to R9500.
In terms of contract prices this is what Vodacom is offering.
The BlackBerry Z10 is available on contract at R479 per month and the offer will include:
- 75 voice minutes, 150 SMS & 575 MB x 24 months; and
- Unlimited BBM texting until 31 May 2013. A new BBM VAS offer will be launched from 1 June 2013; pricing information will be available closer to launch.
MTN released the following contract pricing.
- MTN Anytime 200 for R399 over 24 months (includes R200 airtime value and 250MB)
- MTN Anytime 350 for R499 over 24 months (includes R350 airtime value and 250MB)
- MTN Anytime 500 for R549 over 24 months (includes R500 airtime value and 300MB)
- MTN Anytime 750 for R879 over 24 months (includes R750 airtime value and 300MB)
- MTN Anytime 1200 for R1299 over 24 months (includes R1200 airtime value and 300MB)
- MTN Anytime 1500 for R1599 over 24 months (includes R1500 airtime value and 300MB)
Both major networks have confrmed that the BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) is not available on BlackBerry 10, but it is available on earlier BlackBerry devices; this includes all BlackBerry devices on OS7.1 and earlier.
Will keep you updated with more pricing regarding the BIS changes.