I’ve said before that i’m rather late to the whole Uber thing, but now that i’ve started using it i’ve realised that driving isn’t for me hey. At first i was rather hestitant to use them and i’ve put that down to me having a tech phobia…also i’m old so don’t judge me. Now that i’m finally with the program though i can’t imagine going out and not taking an Uber cab. Besides the rad service they are also doing some pretty cool initiatives which i don’t see any other taxi company doing. Case in point…the UberBUS tomorrow 30th May. All Uber users in Cape Town have the chance to request a trip on the #UberBUS with SA rapping legend, Jack Parow. If you’re quick on the draw and your request is successful, you and 3 friends will be picked up by the UberBUS and you get to party with Jack Parow. Sound good…then keep reading.
Here’s how it’s gonna happen.
The bus will leave the Parow bus station at 6:15pm, with successful requesters being collected along the way and driven through Bellville, Durbanville and Stellenbosch – where the after-party will begin at the hip and fresh AandKlas. Lucky winners will receive a FREE ride home using the Uber service.
You must be a registered though then
- Enter the promo code JackParow to unlock the UberBUS view on the Uber app
- Starting at 6:00 PM, Saturday 30 May, you will be able to request a spot for yourself and three friends on the UberBus FOR FREE!
- Simply toggle over to the UberBUS option and request a ride as you normally would
- If you are one of the lucky first few to successfully request, the UberBUS will be sent to your location to collect you and three friends
- The UberBUS will leave the Parow bus station at 6:15pm, arriving in Stellenbosch at 8:30 PM
- If you are not an Uber user yet, all you need to do is sign up by downloading the free application for Android, iPhone, Blackberry 7, Windows Phone
Good times…now get involved.
For more details on UberBUS, please visit – blog.uber.com/uberbus