Ya hey…it’s that time of year when you can’t go a day without hearing about someone on Facebook or Twitter being sick as a dog with flu. If they just stayed at home it would be fine, but nooooo they must go out in public and give it to you as well. It’s standard procedure that the onset of winter brings with it the spread of colds and flu and getting vaccinated is one of the easiest ways to prevent getting sick or at least making sure that if you do get it then you won’t be man down code 10 for a week or more. I’ve already had mine, but had i not i think i woulda made use of the offer from Uber South Africa who are once again making life easier by delivering flu vaccinations to your door tomorrow. Yep…UberHEALTH will be active on Friday 22 May, 10:00am – 04:00pm. Uber and Discovery Health have partnered up and tomorrow you will be able to order 5 flu vaccinations for R100 which will be delivered to your door and administered by a Discovery Health-accredited nurse. Ya…not the driver just incase you were wondering.
So if you havn’t had a flu injection yet then get involved. Better yet…get them to come to your office or work tommorrow and rope in 4 colleagues. Herd immunity type stuff.
If you’ve been hiding under a rock and not signed up then here’s how.
- Between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM on Friday 22 May 2015 only, you will be able to request up to 5 flu vaccinations to your doorstep using the Uber app for only R100
- Starting at 10:00 AM, open your Uber application and toggle over to the red cross icon
- Set your pickup location, and request a ride as you normally would
- Within minutes, a Discovery Health accredited nurse will arrive at your location, ready to administer flu vaccinations for up to five patients
- If you are not yet an Uber user sign up HERE and enter the promotional code UBERHEALTHSA and enjoy a free first ride up to R150!
Easy as that.
Now get to it. You don’t wanna be THAT person who makes everyone sick.
Some other handy info HERE.