• Win 1 of 5 Sleekgeek Winter Transformation Challenge entries worth R500 each
    Posted by on May 15th, 2014

Winter is pretty much here and while most of us will be used to adding some extra insulation to our bodies to combat the cold there is no reason to do the exact opposite. In fact it’s likely easier to focus on a healthy diet and exercise progrmme during winter than it will be during the busier summer months. ‘Eat clean. Train dirty.’  You will no doubt have heard that phrase thrown about over the past year. It’s the catch phrase of the Sleekgeek revolution…an 8 week body transformation challenge. I’ve spoken before how founder Elan Lohmann has created an amazing Sleekgeek community striving to lead a healthier, fitter and better quality of life. Over 13 000 members on the Facebook group constantly support and motivate each other. One just has to take a quick look at some of the before and after success stories and you’ll be blown away by the results.

Did i mention that besides getting yourself healthy and into shape, there is also R300 000 worth of prizes and discounts up for grabs? If you win your category you will walk away with R10 000 cash money. Yes..all those who enter the Sleekgeek 8-week Winter Transformation Challenge will get a crack at that prize pool.

Sound good? Well then read on because i’m entering and i’m giving away 5 entries to you fine folks who want to join me.

There are several heats you can enter up until the last one on 9th June. The first heat has already started so you can pick from the following start dates for your 8 week transformation: 19 May, 26 May, 2 June, 9 June .

You’ll get access to eating and training plans developed by experts and all entrants will automatically get 50% off a pair of Reebok Z-series trainers.

There are four categories you can enter 2 for men and 2 for women. A weight-loss category judged on kilograms lost and a transformation category judged visually. Winner in each category gets a tidy R10 000 cash, but prizes are handed out to the 7 runners up as well.

And bonus…10 people who complete all the steps of the challenge will win R1,000 cash courtesy of Fedhealth for their effort.

Ok so now you know what’s up for grabs. Here’s how you can win one of those entries.

• Three people on Twitter will randomly win entries by following @lifeissavage and @sleekgeekSA and then sending out the following tweet:

Win 1 of 5 entries to @sleekgeekSA Winter Challenge 2014 with @lifeissavage Stand a chance to win R40000 in cash http://bit.ly/1ltcBTQ

• Next  i’ll give 2 entries away to those of you that leave a comment beneath this blog post. Make it funny, sexy, desperate..tell me a story or anything motivational. Lemme know why you need to get involved.

I’ll pick winners on Sunday 18th so you can start on the following day in the next heat if you wish.

UPDATE: winners have been chosen and Rudi and MC get entries. Wish i could give you all an entry. Will see what i can do though since there are still a few heats left so will ask Elan really nicely if i can give a few more to you other people who left a comment. Thanks.

Anna says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

The time is right for the perfect challenge!! What Sleekgeek have created sounds like the perfect solution. I cannot let winter get in the way of strutting down the beach with a big smile come summertime. Added bonus. I do not have to pay R45,000.00 for a carbon mountainbike since the goal of dropping 10kg’s will take care of the need for having a lighter bike :)

Fazel says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

For years I’ve been “hitting” the gym, trying to get a body I’d be proud of. A body where I could look in the mirror and not feel ashamed of, I think this challenge would motivate me big time, specially given that I lack motivation so much. I would love to do it for myself, my partner and for the damn Bali trip that we plan on going on in October. C’mon who wouldn’t want to look good for Bali??? Oh, and this way I can stop drooling over other HOT bodies!!

Ashton Obery says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I want to be able to go for a swim without worrying about it:( Hope this is sad enough. Would love to wear my size 30 Levi’s again:D

Kristi says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

hey life is savage, it’s not often that I’ll beg, borrow, and steal for something, but for an entry to the sleekgeek winter challange, i so will!
    i’m having my wedding reception (i’m married in court, but not for family and friends) in december, which will also be the first time in over a year that my husband is physically seeing me again.
    long story short – i got married in chicago, my mom has been a breast cancer fighter since before i left to go to america, but while i was gone, she was getting real bad and you can never take a chance so i left to of be with her for a few months, with the plan of going back a few months later. well, immigration had other plans and because leo and i hadn’t filled in some form saying that i’m leaving for a little, i now have a three year bar from america before i can go back. this put me back into my old ways of stuffing my face with chocolate, coke, and pizza, five times a day. i’ve ALWAYS wanted to do sleekgeek but i’ve never really had the money (i’m a temp until i can go back), and with all the stress from immigration, the weight has piled back on, and because i’m so short, it’s so much more visible. i tried cutting out the junk, but i’m not master chef who knows healthy meal plans or working out plans either. and sleekgeek just always gives results, the kind of results this 75kg girl who really wants to look the hottest she possible can, can also get.
    please, mister savage, make my wedding and give me one of those entries so i can get my hot bod on for when my husband comes here in december to visit and while we have our wedding so everyone that i knew in high school can go “Man! She got HOT!!!” and that my husband can drool and swoon over me.

Ursula says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I started crossfit and paleo and I need motivation for some new gear seeing as ll my money is now going towards crossfit and paleo liefstyle food. Let’s be honest, it’s awesome and good for you but damn expensive. I motivated and ready to take the challenge head on!!!!! Train dirty. eat clean.

Francois says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Let me put it to you Daddy,

if I win this free entry, I will win the challenge too. And if I win the challenge, then you win by being the one that gave me the opportunity to win. So if I win, you win, capish ?

iamrob says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Myself and 3 friends train in a garage, we have a long bar and a few dumbbells and a bench. People always look at us and ask *where’s the machines? *…..We’re the machines!

R. Davids says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Need this desperately! Way too much geek & too little sleek! I tend to eat myself dirty & stay clean when “train” 😀

Jen says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Really quite simple – 2 kids in under 2 years. From Comrades fit to round and fat…
    I wanna be a yummy mummy – please help me shed by ‘winter coat’ and make a magnificent summer reveal. Bored of using the line “Round is a shape”
    #flabtofab #fattofit

Kate says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I went home to visit my parents and my mom’s new domestic worker greeted me and said “oh, youre so beeeeeeg, just like your mom.” complete with wide armed hand gestures. Sigh. That weekend my mom went and got some jeans out of her cupboard because mine looked too small. Now is the time to take back the power over myself. (I’m not yet 30!!!). I can do it and I will do it!

MC says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

So, you get to see me in my underwear if I win this thing. That is all.

Muneera says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I’m on day three of the Sleek Geek Reboot (from the Facebook group). I lack motivation and discipline and I think if I am signed up for this (very public) challenge, it will motivate me to push through.

I am almost 30 years old and I am currently the most unfit I have ever been. I love shopping but can’t find clothes that fit because I am still “stuck” in my smaller body size. I have a wardrobe of clothes I can’t wear because I have picked up so much weight. Above all else I just want to be healthy and fit.

Yvette says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I never walked, I wobbled. Fat genes and heart issues are so common in my family that it’s a miracle I actually am still alive! Always being the fat kid in school was bad, being the binge eater who can’t shake anything off in university is even worse! Please help me give my 40kg I have to loose, a hike! I want to get married one day and be able to wear a nice dress without fat popping out all over! I also don’t want to have to book 2 seats just for me to travel and go on honeymoon. Seeing Elan do that amazing transformation got me inspired, however, paying my own studies doesn’t leave me with an extensive cash flow EVER. Help me transform from being a walking heart attack to a person who can shop in the normal mr. Price section!

emily-kate cope says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

In 2010 (at 21 years old) I weighed 112 kgs. Since then ive managed to lose and keep off 38 kgs. I have another 10 kgs to lose to reach my perfect goal weight and I would LOVE Sleekgeek’s help.

Krist Beitz says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

i need to add that if i do win, and i really really really hope i do, i am SO motivated and dedicated and will not let this entry go to waste! i am 100000% in this with my all and willing to work my ass off everyday until i get the body i am satisfied with.
    also, i can work on having a bum like jen selter.

Yolandi says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I was a 47kg girl at the end of matric and weighed 52 kg on my wedding day 25years ago! I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid gland 21 years ago and have been up and down with my weight ever since, however i have been slim on my eltroxin medication! I am typical apple shaped with nice thin legs but my legs can simply not carry this 87kg anymore! I mean i left school 30 years ago and i am 40 kg more than in matric! Chucks it is terrible! I dont want to be 47 again, as i am a woman now not a child and also a mom of 3 children! I want to loose 20kg and i want to be able to wear normal clothes and stop buying in the maternity department! Many a day people stop me to ask me when am I delivering and I am not even a month or a night pregnant! Please help me on sleekgeek as I am a single mother and can simply not afford to join! Many thanks for reading my story I need this desperately! Thanking you so much!!!

Emma says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

There are two main reasons why I need to get myself into the sleekgeek challenge. First reason Is the Gorillas the second is my wedding. You may ask why on earth Gorillas come into this? Well the thing is I work for a travel company and we are heading off to Odzala National Park in June to experience the camps and wildlife in this very off the beaten track destination. There is no ways I want to be bundu bashing through the forests, cameraman and photographers trailing us capturing the moment, and I end up looking larger than the Gorillas (flat screens don’t help spreading out your girth)! Secondly my mother wants to weigh the same as she did 34 years ago at my wedding, and is only a couple kg’s shy. Me on the other hand, I am about 5-10kg off and don’t want to look any less than my best. Please help me get stuck in and prove to myself that I CAN stick to a healthy lifestyle and transform. :)

Rudi says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I would love to win this. Absolutely sick and tired of being fat fat fat. Not sugar coating it by calling it obese or overweight , I am fat, finish and klaar !

Cant wait to start !

Krist Beitz says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

i’ve been tweeting you a mother load about this and it’s just that i really need this bad and i am so motivated and dedicated to stick through the entire thing because this weight i’ve picked up is making me feel so bleh everyday, not being able to love myself in the mirror, and this is just really something i need and want real bad!!!

Mmota says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I need the entry coz at the moment im broke and my girlfriend said some random better looking guys body is “looking like a million dollars”. In short i want a million dollar body also.

Mmota says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I wanna have a million dollar body to impress my girlfrien. She said some random dude has a nice body. So i want her to look no further. Plus i could try modeling to make her drool even more.

Claudz says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Sleekgeek has been amazing. I’m far from where I want to be but participating in the previous challenge has taught me to make lifestyle changes. I encourage everyone to sign up. It’s a small price for a new healthier life.
    I would sign up again but after a car accident our money is a little tight. But I’ve learnt so much already that I will sign up on the next challenge.
    Go enter!!

cheryl says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

All I can say is… MOFO 3month injection (contraceptives) made me (YES made me) pick up double my weight. I NEED to lose half of me. I know I can eat clean & train (and dress) dirty LOL #giveittome PLEASE @cheryleah :) 😉

aleweyah says:
    May 05, 2014 at 1:51 pm

I’d like to lose about 8-10kg to reach my goal weight. I love sweets too much to give it up. Gimme a diet plan which includes sweets pls :) :) let’s see if you can get me to stick to a diet/meal plan. So far uv given me the motivation… Now to reach the goal and get paid for it :)