So as expected the first crowd sourced Best of Cape Town poll for 2014 was hotly contested with plenty of nominations being put forward. The poll to determine the top 10 places in Cape Town to get a tattoo saw both the tattoo parlours being nominated as well the actual artists. For those of you who don’t know…the best of Cape Town polls are entirely crowd sourced across social media platforms. The aim is to get Cape Town locals to share their secrets and if anyone is looking to know where in the city you need to go to find the best of anything then asking the locals should be your starting point.
Which brings us to the results for those of you looking to get inked for the first time or those of you thinking of getting another tattoo.
Here are the Top 10 places in Cape Town to get a tattoo along with the tattoo artists that were most frequently mentioned.
- Sins of Style: Tyler and Warren. 22 Hope Street, Gardens, 021 461 0854
- Wildfire Tattoos: Manuela, Simon and Garth. 192 Long Street, Cape Town, 021 424 0877
- Metal Machine Tattoo and Piercing: Derek. 49 Shortmarket Street, Cape Town, 021 423 0688
- Milo “Mr Lucky” Marcer: Milo. 21 Winton Crescent, Milnerton, 084 588 6005
- The Body Architects: Jon and Tamar. Shop Q, Cavendish Close, Claremont, 0822264065
- Cape Electric Tattoo: Gareth. 11 Buitensingel St, Cape Town, 0214237646
- Emerald Fox Tattoo: Keenan. 69 Main Rd Muizenberg
- Skinscape: Morag. 13 Glynville Terrace, Gardens, 021 461 3582
- Tattoo Lounge: Sam. Shop 2 Grand Residence on Main, 34 Main Rd Fish Hoek, 084 300 1077
- Davison Ink: Studio 74, Eden on the Bay, Big Bay, 021 554 4086
There you go…according to those in the know the best place in Cape Town to get a tattoo would be at Sins of Style, but hey were closely followed by the artists at Wildfire.
If you have any other suggestions or places that you feel shoud be mentioned then leave a note in the comment section hey. It helps those looking to inked make a better more informed decision.