• Best of Cape Town 2014 – best place in Cape Town to get a tattoo? [poll]
    Posted by on Jan 9th, 2014

Right..i was very slack last year with the Best Of Cape Town polls and only posted a few, but they were hotly contested and got plenty of attention. The 2013 polls helped us find out where in Cape Town you would find the top 10 Best Chilli Poppers, top 10 Best Ribs and who the top 10 best hairdressers were. In 2012 i covered best burger, best sushi, best pizza, best coffee and a whole bunch of other categories that are really helpful if you are looking for the best Cape Town has to offer. If you’re a new reader then let me tell you quickly  that the polls are entirely crowd sourced on social media and the comments on Life is Savage. No restaurant reviews or expert opinion…the top 10 results are based purely on nominations by you fine readers. Locals know best so you’re gona have to trust them.

So for the first poll of 2014 i’ve picked what is sure to be an interesting poll.

Where in Cape Town would you find the best tattoo parlour/best tattoo artist?

Oh hi.

Here’s how you can add your two cents to the poll.

• If you’re gonna make a nomination on Twitter then please make sure you include me @lifeissavage (follow my ass while you’re at it) and also #BestTattooArtistCapeTown in the tweet so i can track the nominations.
    • If you’re gonna leave a comment beneath this post with a nomination then feel free to add some extra notes hey. Tell us which tattoo parlour is the best looking, has the best tattoo artist, tell us about waiting list and cost etc. It all makes the polll more helpful for those who may wanna get inked in Cape Town.

Lemme know and i’ll add up the nominations and post the top 10 results next week.

So let’s hear it…best place in Cape Town to get a tattoo?

Wazza says:

Daddy!

The best place in Cape Town – The Body Architects in Claremont… without a doubt.

Best artist, Jon Case – legend, always wears a hat and hands as steady as a rock… Cost varies, but they do lots of custom designs etc… check them out.

You getting a tattoo daddy?

Marcel says:

Sins of Style!

Definitely the best place! If Lee still worms there then he is your man!

They are slightly more expensive but there is no short cut with ink!

Cheers!

*UPVOTE*

The range of work that the guys cover great. Within 1 studio you’ve got guys who do really great Americano, tribal, old school, modern, black & grey and colour work.

Crystal says:
    January 01, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Agree, Sins of Style is the best and Lee is amazing!

Jamie says:
    January 01, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Sins if Style, Hope Street!

These guys are true artists, I have witnessed them changing the minds of people who pitch up with kak tattoo concepts and change designs in a way that makes the client feel that they were the awesome creative brain behind their masterpiece. The artists are uber friendly, but not in a creepy way. At R800 per hour, some may find it a bit steep, but you definitely get what you pay for!

Jxx

Franky says:

Without a doubt the dudes from Davison Ink

Leigh Larkin says:

Ola!

Ive been inked at a few places and i would have to say the best place is Cape Electric, great service, not to expensive and fantastic artists!

My second choice would be Sins of Style :)

Kim Gush says:
    January 01, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Milo “Mr Lucky” Marcer, hands down. Amazing artist, comfortable and relaxed experience and guaranteed winning results. The man knows what he’s doing. Recently opened up a studio of his own in Woodstock – 3rd Floor, Flexmore House, 232 Albert Rd, Woodstock, Cape Town.

Phone 021 448 1231
    Email milo@mrluckytattoos.com
    Website http://www.mrluckytattoos.com
    Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Milo.MrLucky.Tattoos

Robyn says:
    January 01, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Body Architects! I’ve been to a few places but they are seriously the best. Professional, and ALL the artists there are amazing. (Added bonus is that the shop looks awesome) I would (and do) recommend them to everyone

Emma says:
    January 01, 2014 at 12:51 pm

My boyfriend swears by The Body Architects in Claremont, also recommends Jon Case!

Bobby says:

Simon White at Wildfire!

Beverley says:
    January 01, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Fabian Gunthel by far. His prices are fabulous and he is the most thorough tattoo artist I have ever encountered. If anyone wants his contact details email me with the greatest of pleasure.

Niki Reschke says:

Savage

AS we are homies and we live around each other day in and day out… You and I both know that my girl Manuela Gray at Wildfire Tattoo is the Queen. Yes Im biast, but line work, attention to detail, being awesome just comes so natural to her.

I have such a rad relationship with her, best part we rock tequila together like Mexicans

Panda Out

Chelsea says:
    January 01, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Definitely Sins of Style. Tyler B Murphy is the best in my opinion. He knows what he is doing and won’t do anything he thinks is a bad idea. I wont go to anyone else! Always heard positive stuff from other people as well. Its word on the street + experience, and you can’t argue with that!

Daniel says:

For me Sins Of Style Lee love his work

Anya says:
    January 01, 2014 at 12:51 pm

A few months ago I went to a shop based on a friend’s piece, and they ignored me and messed me around for weeks before I finally gave up and went to Sins of Style… they treated me wonderfully and worked with me on a challenging cover-up to create something I get complimented on every day! Now I’ve been inked by both Warren and Lee, and I’m going back in a few weeks for a third round:-)

Dominique rollino says:
    January 01, 2014 at 12:51 pm

Definitely Marcus at Wildfire. He’s done 5 of mine and I pretty much trust him with my skin life