• MTN brings back the unlimited Blackberry Internet Service R59 subscription
    Posted by on Jun 20th, 2013

After widespread complaints MTN has bowed to consumer pressure and brought back the pre-paid R59/month unlimited BIS subscription. At the beginning of the year MTN announced it is killing its unlimited BlackBerry Internet Service from 1 March 2013. They would no longer offer unlimited data and instead capped the service at 200MB per month. Once over that limit users would be charged a hefty  out-of-bundle rate of 65cents per megabyte. This clearly didn’t go down very well and MTN SA reportedly lost nearly half a million customers between January and March.

It’s taken 4 months and now MTN has finally backtracked and sent customers a message saying “Yello! MTN has brought back your unlimited service on BlackBerry Absolute. Your service will not be capped to 200MB. Continue to enjoy a world-class experience with MTN on your BlackBerry.”

Better late than never hey.

“Four months after telling its subscribers it would no longer offer unlimited internet access to BlackBerry users, MTN has done an about-turn and brought back the unlimited service. The move follows a backlash from subscribers. ” [iol]

So now hopefully MTN subscribers can stop complaining hey.

ruan says:
    June 06, 2013 at 8:23 am

Ja ne mtn. Lost almost half a million customers to cell c. Now cell c will lose a half a million customers to mtn and I’m 1 of them. Just y doesn’t mtn have 3G in most northern cape areas.

zamani says:
    June 06, 2013 at 8:23 am

I am one of the customers who left mtn and I’m happy that unlimited service is back but if mtn could just provide 3G everywhere that could be just great

carmen says:
    June 06, 2013 at 8:23 am

I’m gna leave cell c and hop back to mtn

Sam says:
    June 06, 2013 at 8:23 am

Don’t rush back for this change is not done because your feelings count to mtnSA but they are doing it to save themselves n their profits. They remain insensitive to the Paying Customers but profit margins. Let THEM FEEL THE PINTCH
    It will be cruel of me to leave a network that responded to my needs when I got ditched by a company I supported for 13yrs. Vodacom embraced me in my season of rejection.

April says:
    June 06, 2013 at 8:23 am

How to buy BIS on mtn service? I need help

Tshepo says:
    June 06, 2013 at 8:23 am

Damn I am leaving mtn bcos of its undownloading BIS,um switching to vodacom.