Right the results for the Best of Cape Town 2013 poll to find out who makes THE best ribs in Cape Town are in and it was hotly contested. Unlike some of the previous polls there was no restaurant in the lead by miles. And as with all the crowd sourced polls from last year HERE, it provided some interesting insight into the eating habits of locals as well as providing rib lovers with some new options in the city.
For those who don’t know…the Best of Cape Town 2013 polls are entirely crowd sourced through social media and blog comments and the top 10 lists are based on how many nominations a restaurant recieves. It is not a review and the whole point is to trust the locals…because they know.
Top spot for best ribs in the city went to Sticky Fingers in Obz, a place i’ve never been to, but will surely try in the near future. Interesting that two Greek restaurants and a pizza place made the list hey..who woulda thought.
And here’s the rest of the Top 10 Best Ribs in Cape Town.
- Sticky Fingers BBQ: 92 – 96 Station Road (off Lower Main Rd), Observatory 021 823 7688
- Gibsons: Shop 153 Lower Level V&A Waterfront 021 418 3660
- Hussar Grill: Camps Bay 021 438 0151
- Pizza Fair: Old Constantia Village facing Spaanschemat River Road 021 7943250
- Mykonos Taverna: 343 Main Road, Sea Point 021 439 21 06
- Bayside Cafe: 51 Victoria Road, Camps Bay 021 438 2650
- Spiro’s: 30 Main Road, Hout Bay 021 791 3897
- Dale’s Black Angus Grill: Shop 15, The Paddocks, Racecourse Road, Milnerton 021 551 7776
- Monk’s Chinese Food: delivery City Bowl and surrounds 021 424 9162
- Backyard Grill: 72 Regent Road, Sea Point 021 433 1296
Sweet sticky succulent ribs. Have you tried all of those?
Now you know.
If you have any other suggestions then feel free to leave a comment and your 2 cents.