The Red Bull Flugtag takes place this Sunday at the V&A Waterfront and here’s pretty much everything you need to know hey. It hasn’t been help in Cape Town for 10 years so make sure you get there because it’s gonna be rad. I mean who doesn’t want to see self-accredited pilots launch homemade, human powered flying machines off a 6m high ramp into the harbour waters?
Especially if they rock up like this oke…riding a homemade Falkor.
Right..here’s the lowdown.
General Event Information & Tips:
- Red Bull Flugtag is a free event, so there’s no need to secure a ticket.
- Viewing space is limited so get down early.
- No public will be allowed onto Jetty 1.
- Viewing screens will be set up at the Amphitheatre and Clock Tower
- Crafts will be flying from 10h00 – 17h00 (subject to weather conditions)
- Goldfish will be ending off the day performing from a secret location so be sure to stick around after the event.
- Get up close and personal to our heroes by visiting the teams in their hangars on Jetty 6 before they fly.
- There are only three roads that lead into the V&A Waterfront so expect delays and be sure to car pool.
- Use public transport or park in town and walk along the City pedestrian route to the V&A Waterfront
- Normal V&A parking areas and rates will apply on the day.
- No private or commercial boats will be allowed into the event arena.
- No swimming is allowed other than if you’re a crazy Red Bull Flugtag pilot
- No pets (especially pet sharks) allowed.
Here’s a map so your ass doesn’t get lost.
If you notice there’s secret party on that map. Oohhhh.
Your hosts for the day will Sias Du Plesis, Elana Afrika and Dj Switch and some famous judges will be deciding who wins.
For more info ( especially bout that secret party go check the official website HERE.
See you there.