• Orlando Bloom is in Cape Town [pic]
    Posted by on Sep 10th, 2012

So if you are not aware, actor Orlando Bloom is in South Africa and by the looks of things he’s been rather chilled and mixing with folks in Cape Town like a local. Several people spotted him walking up Lions Head, in the Woolies in Kloof Street and on Camps Bay beach over the weekend.

I told you back in March HERE that he would be coming to Cape Town to film a new movie called Zulu where he will be playing an SA policeman.

Here he is spotted by Kgomotso Mokoena on the plane headed into Cape Town.

Orlando Bloom

Saw him on Camps Bay beach, but didn’t wanna be that dork who takes a pic. I’m sure over the coming weeks though you folks are gonna snap him out and about in the city.

If you do manage to take a pic then send it hey.

Anyways…if he is filming the movie Zulu along with Djimon Honsou then here’s the synopsis.

“As a child, Ali Neuman (Honsou) narrowly escaped being murdered by Inkhata, a militant political party at war with Nelson Mandela’s African National Congress. Only he and his mother survived the carnage of those years. But as with many survivors, the psychological scars remain. Today, Ali is chief of the homicide branch of the South African police in Cape Town. One of his staff is Brian Epkeen( Bloom), a free-wheeling white officer whose family was originally involved in the establishment of apartheid but who works well with Neuman. Together they have to deal with crime that inevitably exists in sprawling areas of un -and under- employed people, crime exacerbated by gangs, both local and from other parts of Africa. Their job gets even more difficult when the corpses of two young women are found. A new evil has been introduced in the city and a new drug has been introduced to its residents, including both murder victims. At the chaotic crossroads where brutality and modernization collide, the echoes of apartheid still resound in the shadows of a society struggling toward reconciliation.”

Orly with a South African accent…should be interesting.

[pic via @ThaDiscoDiva ]

You May Also Like:

shuayb says:
    September 09, 2012 at 8:15 am

What I don’t understand is that SA has AMAZING actors yet they choose One Brit and Aussie or New Zealand guy (not sure where Bloom is from) Honsou might be of african descent, he is from britain! I think. 70% sure… Still we have South Africans who can act circles around Bloom.. I know its prob a overseas project but get proper authentic people to fill roles that deal with something that happened to OUR people!!!

Reader says:
    September 09, 2012 at 8:15 am

Is it OK that the book that the movie is based on was written by French author? Sheesh.
    Bloom is a great actor (he is British, BTW) and he will bring the interest of the audience to the movie. It’s an HONOR to have an actor of such scale. Plus, the production means more jobs for the locals. Hounsou is from Cotonou, Benin. He won’t be in Zulu, he was replaced by F. Whitaker who originally is from Texas, if I’m not mistaken. The book that the movie is based on is a product of fiction, not a documentary. As far as I’m concerned, local people can take their outstanding actors, scriptwriters, filmmakers and make any movie they want to make with any level of the “Authenticity”. I don’t think any objection will come from the filmmakers and actors of Zulu movie.

Aroona says:
    September 09, 2012 at 8:15 am

..So I was gym last week and again yesterday (Saturday), and I could swear on both occasions it was Orlando Bloom at the gym with a personal trainer (Virgin Active in Green Point), but now I’m certain it was him!!! :-) )

Mia says:
    September 09, 2012 at 8:15 am

I do think the makers of the movie want him in it to attract more attention to the movie. But really who cares? I’ve met one of SA’s actors…he didn’t impress me, he cared for nothing but fame, he was really rude and ignorant, and he only wants to go to Hollywood he says. He is very ungrateful.

christo says:
    September 09, 2012 at 8:15 am

hey guys saw orlando bloom this morning worked out beside him looks so small in real life