No Banner to display

Listen to Radio 702 newsreader’s on air f-bomb rant [audio]
Posted by on Sep 27th, 2011

So apparently a Radio 702 newsreader, Mark Esterhuysen (Mark Esterhuizen?) went on a f-bomb rant in the early hours of this morning before walking out the studio. His charming little outburst included “f**k racism, f**k the AWB, f**k Malema”.

No word yet from the folks at 702 if this is the real deal, but it’s doing the rounds in media circles.

Here’s the audio.

Damn the dude took some serious angry pills.

Will get some more details in a bit.

UPDATE: Confirmed. Eyewitness News has fired Mark Esterhuysen with immediate effect.

Jay says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

It’s definitely true! John Robbie was chatting to the head of new about it on-air this morning. apparently it was his way of resigning!

chukaman says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

what a doos. did he think he was being clever, or funny, or what? what did he hope would happen to him? what a loser.

Mike says:

Good for you Mark! Tel it like it is

Awesomesauce says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

That was epic! What a legend!

jason says:

FUCKING-A………………YES! FUCK THEM ALL LETS PRAY

Zan says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Awesome Mark! Love your blog!!!

fred says:

Fuck chukaman!!!

Ty says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Eyewitness News can stick their apology… ag, you know where.

Hein says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Well-on-ya, son! After a leisurely perusal of the papers this morning, I have to confess that I agree with him 100%. Things are getting pretty bad, and even with the growing heat, pretty spring blossoms and the anticipation of SA in a world cup final, South Africans are fucking miserable. We have been betrayed by our leadership. We are used up by our bosses who shout for higher sales figures on Monday, make their money on Thursday, and lay you off on Friday while our parents’ generation tell us that everything will be fine if we work a bit harder and trust in God. Fuck-it Mark, Fuck-it all. I’ll be following the blog.

Carl says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Real mature. Lets see all our youth take out there frustrations in the manner you did and see where we sit. I think Mark needs to still grow up.

Percy says:

110% with you. well put……f***

Trumpetman says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I wish more people would stick up for the various injustices that occur on a daily basis and in the high profile media. To think he is being childish is one thing. The truth of the matter is that everything he targeted is of no benefit to humanity or anything else. Capitalism, corrupt leaders, ill mentalities towards various races and the likes. So some people see this as a youth ranting and complaining or trying to get attention etc… I think we should all be F@cking complaining about these things and more importantly, doing something about them.

madbrad says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

THE WORST IS HE WAS MOST PROBABLY FIRED FOR SWEARING AND NOT SO MUCH WHAT HE DID…………..SO I SAY PROPS TO YOU MARK.

stefaan says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Go Mark! A lot of journalism is stenography and the ability to follow official narratives on capitalism.

This is how the world has stayed silent while greedy bankers selling dodgy derivatives got bailed out by governments while the middle and poor classes lost their money.

Socialism for the rich and dog-eats-dog capitalism for the poor. And the media has been very polite about this and failed to properly investigate the root causes.

The media does not report enough about climate change and the planet.

Corporate media offers a narrow window on the world – you dared to open the window and jolt people awake a little Mark.

I will follow your blog.

Read Information Clearing House (google it) for news you don’t get on CNN or the SABC.

Also Global Research, FAIR and MediaLens.

Johan says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I love freedom of f@cking speech!! What a winner!

Mau says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I wonder what sparked the whole thing? just the last straw? did he bumps his head during the accident on his way to work? and remember f#$%$ I have to go to work

Mau says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I read some of his comment on FB. I hope it was not sparked by the debate of Africanism.

one point – African American – Origin then citizenship…

When you bare cetain origin you can not change that, you’ll always be identified as such…
European African is the least on offer accept it, I/we dont hate you but love you as you and accept that…

Wayne says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

A South African with balls, a rare thing, go you good thing.

Neo Oliphant says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

This is what happens when the frustration takes the better of you at work, it takes real guts to do this.

Neil says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

So…..what is the sin of using the most versatile word in the English language? Selfs in Afrikaans is dit baie beskrywend. Nie noodwendig die beste manier om jouself “happily disemployed” te verklaar nie. Go Mark!!!!

Julie Velosa says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

so much guts I love it! brave dude.

patrick says:

f**k 702

September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

@patrick I edited your f-bomb there. I know it’s lame but in future can you throw some *’s in your swear words. Makes tannies and sponsors uncomfortable. That and certain companies tend to filter/ban websites with swearing. Shot thanks.

siggy says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

f**k chukaman and carl, typical of pc, balless south african, cover my arse, males

Jenn says:

Mark was seka lekka GETIK neh!!!!! LMIMM

Bev says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Whilst his methods may have shocked many, I don’t think anyone can actually disagree with his sentiments. It’s not like our so-called ‘civilized society’ is really going to work long-term, is it? Mark’s outburst (I think he sounded really nervous, by the way) is symptomatic of what is happening – and will happen increasingly – with our millenial youth. They’re disillusioned and fed up with a world and society that they have ‘inherited’, and the older generations that they deem responsible for creating it. My prediction: as we already saw in England, young people are going to stand up and have their say in ways that us, more ‘civilized’, older folk find unpalatable. Until there is radical change in this country … and the rest of the ‘civilized’ world – get used to it! And if Mark’s outburst was more about self-promotion and publicity-hunting than about social activism – good for him. It worked.

JC says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I think itd awesome thaty someone actually had the balls to come out and say what so many people are just sitting in bars complaining about. Everyone complains but no one does anything. BIGUPPS!

Cecile says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Well done dude! Awesome! Hope you have a great future! Mark for president!! :)

Terry says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I think I’m in love! Mark, you’re a winner…..

vee says:

u got balls dude

Colin says:
September 09, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Yes, and saying F*$K to everything really does something about it!!! Sho, I can sleep now, everything is solved!!! Don’t be daft, this guy just made things worse, like Zane Kirchner saying it was God’s will that he plays in the World Cup. Is God then against Frans Steyn. Did He injure Frans on purpose? Even though Zane thinks so, he is not doing his religion any favours, just as this Mark guy has only showed himself to be a hopelessly lost person in a pressure filled world. Somebody, be on the suicide watch!!