Ya ..don’t get too excited because if that TV ad with the unborn baby knocking on the ultrasound monitor saying Heita is anything to go by then Telkoms new 8ta (pronounced Heita) mobile network is gonna grind my balls.
But let’s not be nasty straight off the bat though and give them a chance hey. After all there’s not much they have to do to put that crap show Cell C to shame.
Here’s the jizz of the situation with 8ta
- Calls from 8ta mobile network to SA landline: 65 cent/min
- R2.50/min to 100 international destinations
- Cell to cell R1.50/min regardless of which network
- Users will get 1 free second to use for every 3 seconds they spend when somebody calls them.
- SMS and MMS will be 50 cent each
- Data costs: 100 MB for R50, 250 MB for R100, 500 MB for R150, 1 GB for R250
So there you have it. Let’s see how they do hey. At least they give you an extra option for getting screwed by SA mobile networks.
You can get more info HERE.